Cinfed Credit Union Official Rules:
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this 2019 Email Referral Campaign (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, PLEDGE, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT, PLEDGE, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND ORGANIZING FOR ACTION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Cinfed Credit Union in the format designated below. Employees of Cinfed Credit Union and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Cinfed Credit Union will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by unauthorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (all times Eastern Time) on November 18th, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prizes. One winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”): One iPad (32gb storage) Prize value of $340
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not returned within three (3) days after being sent to winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Cinfed Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
To enter, refer individuals to open account. When referred individual becomes a member both referrer and new member are entered to win. You may also enter by mail: Mail postcard or letter to address below, include iPad Referral Giveaway with your name, address, phone numbers.
For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Cinfed Credit Union. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an e-mail mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
7. Promotion Rules. Winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held on January 15, 2020. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail by January 31, 2020. To claim the Prize, winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his/her notification. Cinfed Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify any entrant in its sole discretion.
8. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Cinfed Credit Union and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
10. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner will be required to execute and deliver to Cinfed Credit Union a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Cinfed Credit Union in its sole discretion.
11. Winner List/Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list or official rules, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope with proper postage after completion date of promotion to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn2019 Email Referral Campaign Winner List or Official Rules. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List” on your envelope.
12. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 by Cinfed Credit Union. All rights reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Ohio, U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Cinfed Credit Union, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Cinfed Credit Union reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Cinfed Credit Union’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Cinfed Credit Union otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Cinfed Credit Union the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Cinfed Credit Union’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Cinfed Credit Union reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: 2019 Email Referral Campaign Questions.
14. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against the Promotion Entities relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the sweepstakes, (b) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate (a “Claim”), will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA Rules”). The arbitration will be heard and determined by a single arbitrator. The arbitrator's decision in any such arbitration will be final and binding upon the parties and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties agree that the arbitration will be kept confidential and that the existence of the proceeding and any element of it will not be disclosed beyond the arbitration proceedings, except as may be required by applicable law.
If entrant demonstrates that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the administrative costs and arbitrator’s fees required for the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the cost of the arbitration from being prohibitive. In the final award, the arbitrator may apportion the costs of arbitration and the compensation of the arbitrator among the parties in such amounts as the arbitrator deems appropriate.
This arbitration agreement does not preclude entrant from seeking action by federal, state, or local government agencies. Entrant and Sponsor also have the right to bring qualifying claims in small claims court. In addition, entrant and Sponsor retain the right to apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for provisional relief, including pre-arbitral attachments or preliminary injunctions, and any such request shall not be deemed incompatible with these Official Rules, nor a waiver of the right to have disputes submitted to arbitration as provided in these Official Rules.
Neither entrant nor Sponsor may act as a class representative or private attorney general, nor participate as a member of a class of claimants, with respect to any Claim. Claims may not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator can decide only Entrant and/or Sponsor’s individual Claims. The arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial.
THIS SECTION LIMITS CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A COURT ACTION, THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM, THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN AAA RULES, AND THE RIGHT TO CERTAIN REMEDIES AND FORMS OF RELIEF. OTHER RIGHTS THAT ENTRANT OR SPONSOR WOULD HAVE IN COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. If any provision of this Section is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then that specific provision shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed, but the remainder of this Section will continue in full force and effect. This Section of these Official Rules will survive the termination of your relationship with Sponsor.
15. Sponsor: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this campaign should be directed to Cinfed Credit Union.
Cinfed Credit Union 4801 Kennedy Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45209