Limiting Branch Access - Drive Thru Open
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation has created unprecedented challenges for everyone. We are all striving to adapt as quickly as possible to the latest developments. Thanks to the loyalty and support of our members, Cinfed is currently in the strongest financial condition of our 85-year history. Based on that strength, we are continually working to find the best ways to meet our members’ needs.
In support of the requests of Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, beginning on Friday, March 20, Cinfed will take the following temporary actions:
- Our five branch locations with drive-thru lanes will offer drive-thru service only.
- We are temporarily suspending lobby access and Shared Branching services at all branch locations.
- Consultations or services that cannot be provided via drive-thru will be available by appointment only. Members should call their preferred branch and schedule a time through the branch manager or Financial Coach. In keeping with social distancing guidelines, a maximum of two healthy members will be allowed into a branch at a time.
- Because federal employees have been asked to work from home for the time being, we are temporarily closing our branches in the buildings at 550 Main St. in Cincinnati and 333 Scott St. in Covington. Our downtown Cincinnati branch at 925 Main St. will also be temporarily closed. The onsite ITM will continue to be operational to complete transactions. Simply swipe your Cinfed debit or credit card for access.
- If you have a mortgage closing scheduled, you will be contacted directly by one of our mortgage professionals.
- Our partner, Saxon Financial Services, will continue to offer personal meetings by appointment only. Contact Brian Bushman (513-333-3901) or Kevin Hagerty (513-333-3886).
- We anticipate a high volume of calls to our Contact Center and are increasing available staff. Should you receive an on-hold message, we encourage you to leave your call-back number and a representative will follow up with you as soon as possible.
- Loan application and account change access is available through our website.
- We are currently waiving early penalty and fees associated with early withdrawal of a Certificate account.
We will resume normal operations at all of our eight branches eventually. In the meantime, we will continue to evaluate the status of the Coronavirus situation week-by-week and respond appropriately based on current conditions and the guidance of public officials. We will continue updating you regarding new developments as they occur.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this effort. By limiting our staff and member interactions, we can minimize the health impact and do our part in combating Coronavirus.
Managing Your Accounts
As a member, you have many options for managing your accounts anywhere, at any time:
We recommend using these digital tools to minimize the chances of spreading coronavirus. If you aren’t already using these services, you can easily enroll via our website (cinfed.com).
Additional helpful information is just a click away:
Having recently reached $500 million in assets, Cinfed is in a strong and secure financial position. We have been meeting members’ needs since 1934; we will continue to work through the current storm and look forward to serving you well into the future.
As a reminder, your Cinfed accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) with additional private insurance by Excess Share Insurance Corporation (ESI). Click here for more details about insured savings. (https://www.cinfed.com/page/insured-savings)
For members with certificates that are nearing maturity dates, a Financial Coach is available at (513) 333-3800 to answer questions or manage account changes.
As a Cinfed member, if you experience financial difficulties due to COVID-19, please call us at (513) 333-3800
We remain committed to providing you with the financial services you need while protecting the health and well-being of our members, employees and community. As always, contact us with any questions at (513) 333-3800.
Additional guidance and resources:
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov
- SirusXM (Available free for all) – Channel 121 Coronavirus: What you Need to Know