2021 Scholarship Applications Available
Louis M. Brown/Cinfed Credit Union Memorial Scholarship
Since 2000, Cinfed has awarded more than $200,000 in scholarships to help local students cover the cost of their college education. The scholarships honor the late Louis M. Brown, who served on Cinfed's board of directors for 40 years, holding the position of president for 30 years.
Through his leadership and commitment to serving members' financial needs, Cinfed experienced long-term growth and stability. A graduate of Xavier University, Mr. Brown believed deeply in the power of education, so Cinfed established these scholarships in his memory.
Six $2,500 scholarships will be awarded this year at Cinfed's Annual Meeting on Tuesday, June 1.
Application deadline: Saturday, May 1, 11:59 p.m. Eastern
Do you Qualify?
Louis M. Brown/Cinfed Credit Union Memorial Scholarships are awarded to students entering college as Freshmen or continuing as Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors. Students may apply one time, each year.
- Applicant must be a member, in good standing, with Cinfed Credit Union. Not a member? Click here to join!
- Applicant must have at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average. Pending winners will be notified via email and phone call immediately and will have 5 days (120 hours) from the time the email is sent to provide the following documentation (as well as a self-portrait):
A. An original or copy of the most recent high school or college transcript or report card that clearly displays cumulative GPA
B. Results of the ACT, PSAT and/or SAT for students entering college for the first time
C. A letter of acceptance from an accredited college or university for students entering college for the first time
- All forms and information submitted are confidential, non-returnable and must be postmarked or submitted online by May 1st.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered – be sure all requested information is supplied
- Confirmed scholarship recipients will be notified by mail as well as announced at the Cinfed Annual Meeting on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
- Alternates will be selected in case the awardees fail to attend college or provide proper documentation
January 1, 2021 – Online application opens.
May 1, 2021 – Application closes.
Early May 2021 – All pending winners are notified via email and phone call. Verified winners will be mailed an official letter.
May - June 2021 – Checks are processed and distributed to attending schools.
Get started today!