2019 Scholarship Recipients
Cinfed Credit Union has announced the 2019 recipients of the Louis M. Brown/Cinfed Credit Union Memorial Scholarship.
Fourteen local students received awards of $1,000 each for the 2019-2020 academic year:
• Austin Alwell (California, KY), Northern Kentucky University
• Amy Anderson (Cincinnati, OH), University of Cumberlands
• Taylor Baker (Liberty Township, OH), Miami University
• Crystal Bufano (Cincinnati, OH), Western Kentucky University
• John Ciaramitaro (Villa Hills, OH), University of Louisville
• Holly Flint (Provo, UT), Brigham Young University
• Ryan Garuccio (Florence, KY), University of Louisville
• Grace James (Hamilton, OH), Miami University – Hamilton Regional Campus
• Logan Rauen (Edgewood, KY), Thomas More University
• Daziah Turner (Cincinnati, OH), Pomona College
• Cali Walker (Cincinnati, OH), University of Cincinnati
• Megan Wells (Independence, KY), University of Cincinnati
• William Wolfe (Cincinnati, OH), Thomas More University
• Mhea Zwerin (Cincinnati, OH), University of Toledo
Since the program’s inception, Cinfed has awarded more than $200,000 to students throughout the region.
The scholarships honor the late Louis M. Brown, who served on Cinfed’s board of directors for 40 years, holding the position of president for 30 years. Through his leadership and commitment to serving members’ financial needs, Cinfed experienced long-term growth and stability. A graduate of Xavier University, Mr. Brown believed deeply in the power of education, so Cinfed established these scholarships in his memory.
“We’re proud of these 14 individuals and are glad to support their efforts to continue their education,” said Jay Sigler, CEO of Cinfed. “In addition to honoring the memory of Louis Brown, these scholarships represent our continuing commitment to building our community and investing in our future.”