Apply For College Scholarships.
At Cinfed Credit Union, we believe a better education leads to a better way of life.
And providing scholarships to promising students is just one of the many ways…it all comes back to you.
Find out more about scholarships:
Louis M. Brown/Cinfed Credit Union Memorial Scholarship
Since 2000, Cinfed has awarded nearly $300,000 in scholarships to help local students cover the cost of their college education. Six $2,500 scholarships are awarded annually. The scholarships honor the late Louis M. Brown, who served on Cinfed's board of directors for 40 years, holding the position of president for 30 years.
Through his leadership and commitment to serving members' financial needs, Cinfed experienced long-term growth and stability. A graduate of Xavier University, Mr. Brown believed deeply in the power of education, so Cinfed established these scholarships in his memory.
Do you Qualify?
Louis M. Brown/Cinfed Credit Union Memorial Scholarships are awarded to students entering college as Freshmen or continuing as Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors. Students may apply one time, each year.
- Applicant must be a primary member, in good standing, with Cinfed Credit Union. Not a member? Click here to join!
- Applicant must have at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average. Pending winners will be notified via email and phone call immediately and will have 5 days (120 hours) from the time the email is sent to provide the following documentation (as well as a self-portrait):
a) An original or copy of the most recent high school or college transcript or report card that clearly displays cumulative GPA
b) Results of the ACT, PSAT and/or SAT for students entering college for the first time
c) A letter of acceptance from an accredited college or university for students entering college for the first time
- All forms and information submitted are confidential, non-returnable and must be postmarked or submitted online by May 1, end of day
- Incomplete applications will not be considered – be sure all requested information is supplied
- Confirmed scholarship recipients will be notified by mail as well as announced at the Cinfed Annual Meeting in June
- Alternates will be selected in case the awardees fail to attend college or provide proper documentation
Cinfed's Scholarship Schedule
January 20, 2023 – Online application opens
May 1, 2023 (end of day) – Application closes
Late May 2023 – All pending winners are notified via email and phone call. Verified winners will be mailed an official letter
June 6, 2023 – Scholarship recipients announced at Cinfed's annual meeting
Student Scholarships for Credit Union Members
The Cincinnati Area Credit Union Outreach Alliance announces its 25th annual scholarship program. The program will be awarding at least eight $1,000 scholarships to local high school students.
To qualify, an applicant must be at least a high school senior in pursuit of post-secondary education of any kind, including professional, vocational, and academic studies not limited to colleges and universities. The applicant must be a primary member of a credit union and a resident of Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, or Warren counties.
Deadline: February 15, 2023